Distribution Manager – Sydney – Ref 12585
An opportunity has come up to join a long established and very well-regarded Australian fund manager in Sydney. This role will play a key role in distributing their innovative and nuanced equities products to the advice and intermediary sector. You will work closely with the executive team and the investment team to drive the direction of the business – whilst this is a high activity senior sales role, it will allow you to be significantly involved in strategic and business-related development discussions and decisions as well.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute a strategic wholesale business plan for the Australian marketplace to ensure retention and growth of assets under management
- Develop and maintain relationships with, as well as educate, research house, platform, dealer groups, broker dealers, IFAs and other relevant target clients
- Communicate and work in conjunction with the investment team to ensure articulate messaging of the investment strategies
- Develop a broad understanding of both the research and portfolio management process
- Develop and execute high activity plan, leveraging existing client relationships and pursuing new prospects to meet and exceed targets for new business development
- Provide senior level client service to the business’ key strategic clients while ensuring appropriate service levels are maintained for all clients
- Communicate ongoing feedback from wholesale clients and the market to assist strategy development opportunities and ideas
- Effectively work with the broader sales team in a service-oriented, collaborative and mutually beneficial manner
The successful candidate will be an energetic and resourceful senior sales professional, with a notable track record in developing business and growing funds under management in wholesale sales. You will have an in-depth knowledge of a range of investment products, an excellent reputation for delivery, and proven experience in building strong networks in Australia, with both clients and researchers. You will be motivated by being afforded responsibility and autonomy, by raising FUM, by the opportunity to help build a business, and ultimately by dictating your own progression and reward through success.
Please contact Chris Smythe on 0458 602 749 or firstname.lastname@example.org