– Established local Investment Manager
– Lead role and the chance to build a business
Our client is a dynamic and well-regarded Australian Investment Manager with existing Private Capital investment strategies. They are looking to hire a Lead for a new Venture Equity strategy which will have a lean towards the technology space.
The is a rare opportunity to play a key role in the development of a new strategy at a growing manager with an already successful track record. Critical to the role will be the ability for the new hire to forge new market relationship, source overlooked opportunities and network in the relevant circles. However, given the fund already employs complementary strategies, there will be an existing relationship network for the new hire to tap into and benefit from.
Suitable candidates will be VP/Director level candidates with a background in Venture Capital, Private Equity or Corporate Development. They are likely to be ambitious and looking to take their next step up to lead a strategy and build a team around them. The ideal candidate will have experience investing in or working with early-stage business, especially those in the FinTech and broader technology sectors. They will be a natural networker, collaborative in the way they work with colleagues and entrepreneurially minded.
– 8+ years’ post-graduation experience with time spent in VC, PE, or an acquisitive and relevant corporate development role
– Experience of investing in or working with emerging businesses
– A track record in the tech space, or an affinity towards it
To apply, please send your cv to James Durey email@example.com